Certified Personal Trainer for New Personal Training Programmme
If You Love Fitness And Are Dedicated To Helping Others Achieve Their Health And Fitness Goals, We Have An Amazing Opportunity For You!
We are Gino and Matt and we run G&M Fitness Health Club in Port Colborne. G&M Fitness has been providing Port Colborne residents with a top quality facility to achieve their health and fitness goals for more then 31 years.
We are now looking to grow our business once again and provide another top quality service to our members through our new personal training programme. This programme is designed to help men and women who are dedicated to achieving their goals and have a minimum of a 3 month commitment to ensure we can get them the results they expect.
If you are not afraid of a challenge and want to help others be their best, our programme could be a good fit for you! Our clients are dedicated and we need you to be just as dedicated. We guarantee the results of our programmes because we believe that our success is only achieved through the success of our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic person to start training our clients and grow with us, as we continue to grow this service into the “go to” resource for anyone who is looking to achieve serious results in health and fitness.
Starting wage will be $18/hr with opportunities for growth as we grow our programme and have you take on more responsibilities within our system. As we stated earlier, we are looking for someone who is not only dedicated to helping others achieve their goals but is also motivated to grow with us and help us grow our programme.
Mission for the Role:
To provide a world-class training experience that delivers measureable results to clients and creates raving fans of G&M Fitness.
- Produce one (1) client testimonial every month
- Maintain a client renewal rate of 75% or higher
- Generate one (1) new client referral every month
- Produce an Exercise of the Month article for our newsletter before the 1st Friday each month
- Produce and post a weekly fitness fact for our Facebook page to be posted every Sunday
- Strong Ethics – Always motivated to do the right thing on behalf of G&M Fitness, themselves and the client.
- Highly Motivated – Always concerned with the best and most efficient ways of getting the best results for their clients and how to get more clients into the programme without the company having to ask.
- Teaching Skills – Must have a genuine desire to help others reach their fitness goals in a professional, polite and productive manner.
- Experienced – Must have experience in training clients in a gym setting similar to that of G&M Fitness and as such, should be able to provide references from past clients.
- Communication Skills – Must understand that listening is just as important a skill as talking, especially when feedback from the client is essential to their progress.
- Positive and Encouraging Attitude – When training a client, encouragement and positive affirmation is a must. Negativity has no place in a clients training.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programmes for clients
- Track client progress
- Perform fitness evaluations
- Coach clients through workout programmes
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction
- Provide on-going education and support to clients
- Have personal training certification
- Previous personal training experience
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- Sales skill
How to Apply
Get us an updated resume ASAP. Mail or drop off to:
G&M Fitness, 251 King St. Port Colborne, Ont. L3K 4G8
Include a cover letter answering the following:
- Tell us a little about yourself.
- What part of the position most excites you.
- What experience, education and or certifications do you hold that would make you a good fit.
- What skills do you possess that would make you an excellent coach.
- What do you believe would make you stand out above other applicants for this position.
We will review your resume. If we feel you’re a good prospect, we will call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner we get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. We believe in taking action quickly, so get your resume over to us pronto! We look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Gino and Matt
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. We are entrepreneurial small business owners. We move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to us. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the clients success and the growth of the business.
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in our books. We are a very positive, upbeat group and appreciate those qualities in others. Send us your resume today!